Automatic / Handicap Door Opener
A handicap door operator is a device installed on a door that will open and close the door. Office buildings, schools, and many other public buildings wishing to become more accessible to the public will install these operators. Handicap door operators are manufactured in a variety of ways, there is one for virtually any door you may have on your property. Handicap door operators are most often set to work either by a button on the wall or motion detector installed above the door.
Often times these operators go unnoticed, but when they are needed they are certainly appreciated. Elderly, disabled and handicapped people often struggle with everyday tasks that most of us do not give a second thought to. Opening a door, especially a heavy door in a commercial building, can be one of those tasks.
These operators can be installed in both homes and businesses. Armor Lock & Security has experience in doing both. We are one of the most experienced installers of handicap door operators in Atlanta. We have installed these devices in Federal, State and Local buildings, Office Buildings, Universities, other public buildings and homes. All of the operators we install comply with U.S. access laws, including ANSI A117.1 and A156.19.
It is important to note handicap door operators can be tied into doors which feature existing access control systems.
If Armor Lock & Security can help make your building more accessible, please contact us for a free estimate.
- No modification of the door or jambs
- Plugs right into a regular 115vac outlet
- Virtually maintenance free (a couple of drops of oil and a bit of grease every year is all it takes)
- Fits in most interior and some exterior door applications
- Left and right hand units are available
- Jamb mount, to push door open or door mount, to pull door open
- Inverted model, for limited room above the door
- Deep reveal and door mounted units for special applications
An Array of Companion Controls
- Push Plate Wall Switches
- Push Button Wall Switches
- Touch Plate Wall Switch
- Coded Radio Transmitter/Receiver
- Keyless Entry Systems
- Electric Door Locks (Strikes)
Built in Safety Features
- The operator arm is not attached to the door. Instead, a wheel at the end of the operator arm rolls against the face of the door, pushing the door open
The door can always be opened manually from either side without involving the operator
Traffic flow is not hindered by the operator
- The Power Access opener is always used in conjunction with a conventional manual door closer, either surface-mounted or concealed
- If the door meets an obstruction during the opening cycle, built-in load sensing circuit automatically stops the operator arm and returns to the at-rest (closed) position
- Thermally protected drive motor
- Adjustable door hold-open time
Examples of models we use: