Access Control Atlanta, GA
Armor Lock & Security has been installing Access Control systems in Atlanta since the early 1980's. During this time we have installed 1000's of systems for companies all over metro Atlanta using varying technologies and hardware. We are always happy to dicuss your access control needs and projects when you are ready. Below we have outlined some important topics regarding Access Systems, please check them out and let us know if you have any questions.
What is Access Control?
Access Control is defined the selective restriction of access to a place or resource. For our purposes, Access Control is the selective restriction of people's access to doors via electronic security systems and door hardware. In general terms we restrict access to doors and spaces to those who do not posses the correct credentials (pin codes, proximity cards or fobs, or biometric to name a few).
How do I pick an Access Control service company?
Below are a few tips on selecting an access control provider, note these are just guidelines to make your selection process a little easier.
1. Insurance - Ask for your service provider's insurance. We are shocked at how few customers ever ask to see our insurance. Please ask, any legitimate business will have absolutely no problem with this request and quite honestly we expect it.
2. Local Business - Pick a local security company! Sure, there are companies that say they are national but all they really do is subcontract the work to local access control installers. I would advise just going to see the local installers and establishing your own relationship with them. You will get better service and better pricing by doing so.
3. Physical Location - This goes along with #2 but I've made it a separate category because we feel it is important. Honestly, there are just a lot of fly by night security companies. Pick a company with an established location and go visit them if you can.
4. Size - Pick a company that has the size to service your properties. We are astounded to hear people call in and say their vendors are taking several days to visit them. If you have to wait more than 24 hours for a routine service visit then you are using the wrong vendor. Armor services over 95% of our service calls the very same day.
5. References - If you have a big project or if you're trying to establish a relationship with a security company then by all means ask for references. If you have a specific concern then ask them to provide you with a reference in your category (government, healthcare, banking, etc.). Bottom line is we are in the service industry and we are out to win your business so we don't mind and we even expect you to do your due diligence in selecting us as your security vendor.
What Access Control Systems does Armor Install?
The system we install often depends on the job parameters and specifications the customer gives to us. For a new full panel system we like to install Nortek Emerge and Isonas (by Allegion) Access Control Systems.
Armor is excited to offer our customers browser managed security systems at an economical price. No longer do you need a dedicated computer pushed away in some IT room to control your system. With the Nortek eMerge and Isonas systems you can easily tie together two separate facilities under one access control system, whether they are next door to each other or across the country. Both Nortek and Isonas access control systems are feature rich systems at an economical price that offer a superb feature list. More information on each system is located below.
The eMerge Essential Plus™ embedded browser-based network appliance makes advanced security technology reliable and affordable for any entry-level access control application. With tens of thousands of access control systems deployed in the field, and backed by decades of experience, Linear continues to deliver unprecedented value and innovation.
This full-featured, self-contained hardware/software access systems is perfect for commercial, industrial, banking, medical, retail, hospitality, and other businesses where users need to secure their facilities, manage access of personnel, create and analyze reports, and monitor the system remotely from any web browser.
The comprehensive wizard is fast and intuitive, saving significant set-up time. The eMerge Essential Plus can be seamlessly scaled up, via software keys, to other eMerge E3-Series systems providing increased door and reader capacity, enhanced features, and higher level capabilities. The eMerge E3-Series makes expansion easy.
The eMerge Essential Plus sets new standards of excellence for reliability, ease-of-use, expandability, best-in class value and lowest cost of ownership.System Features
- Shared hardware and software architecture across all eMerge E3-Series means easy upgrades and expansion
- Reliable, IT-friendly embedded Linux operating system eliminates:
- Virus / spyware attacks
- Operating System update dependency
- eMerge Essential supplies the right amount of access control businesses need:
- Starts at 1-door / 2-reader capacity with out-of-the box expansion capability to 4-doors / 8-readers
- License key-based scalability (No additional hardware is needed to expand to 2, 3, or 4 doors)
- Intuitive quick-start wizard allows for ultra-fast setup, saves hours of time versus traditional systems
- Browser-based management enables system status and updates from any place, with any browser, on any operating system
- Easily scalable via software upgrade to higher-capacity E3-Series eMerge systems
- Midsized metal enclosure with key lock
- UL 294 Certification (pending)
- Includes ODBC-compliant MySQL database with API
- 100% solid state components for extended service life
- High-speed processor handles multiple simultaneous users and more than 30 transactions per second
- Integrated tamper switch and inputs / outputs for additional functionality
- Optional Power over Ethernet (PoE) available (allows for backup power through a UPS)
- eMerge Essential Plus includes:
- A 5-amp 12 VDC supervised power supply
- Capable of housing an additional expansion module
- Battery backup-ready enclosure
- One common software for all platforms, based on Linear's industry leading access control software
- Dashboard displays full system status at a glance including:
- Event and activity log
- Customizable door diagrams/floor plans with factory default templates
- Time-saving and convenient features:
- Integrated card decoder
- CSV flat file database import
- Dynamic event filtering
- Built in audit-trail
- Automatic daily data backup to Micro SD or FTP-based storage
- Usable from iPhone, iPad, Android or other mobile devices
- E-mail, text message notifications
- Simple, easy-to-use predefined reports
- Built-in documentation library
New Access System Installations & System Expansions
insert text here
Electric Strike and Magnetic Lock Installations
insert text here
Updating to New System Hardware & Technologies
insert text here bluepass
Electric Lock & Power Supply Troubleshooting
insert text here hes and mag stuff
System Programming Assitance
if you have the login we can most likely help.
- Automatic Door Openers / Handicap Door Operators
- Browser Managed Access Control Systems
- Biometric Readers
- Card Readers & Proximity Readers
- Door Prop Alarms
- Electronic Locksets
- Electronic Locksets by IEI Linear Corp
- Electronic Locksets by BEST Access Systems
- Electronic Locksets by Kwikset
- Electronic Locksets by Schlage
- Electric Strikes
- Exit Alarms
- Gate Operators / Telephone Entry
- Intercom Systems
- Magnetic Locks
Isonas Access Systems
What are some common Access Control services Armor provides on a daily basis?
Access Control Products Quick Links